Brulidine Cream is manufactured by a UK-based company named Manx Healthcare. Antiseptic and antibacterial properties make Brulidine Cream a great addition to your first aid kit.
Brulidine Cream plays a role in preventing minor wounds, bruises, cuts from getting infected when they’re healing. This Cream is an antiseptic cream that treats injuries and bruises and prevents them from getting septic.
Brulidine cream is an over-the-counter antibiotic cream and should be available in every first aid box.
How Does It Work?
Brulidine cream is an antiseptic that contains an active ingredient called dibrompropamidine isethionate, an antiseptic (antimicrobial agent). Dibrompropamidine controls infection by killing the bacteria and fungi present around the infected area. The body’s immune system destroys the remaining toxins. This helps keep the infected area infection-free and speeds up the healing process.
What Does Brulidine Cream Treat?
Brulidine cream being an antiseptic cream, is used to treat wounds and rashes. Some common uses for this Cream are:
- Nappy rash
- Outer ear infections
- Ringworm of the scalp
- Rashes around your beard or mustache
- Minor skin infections
- Superficial bacterial skin infections
- Minor burns
Brulidine Cream Possible Side Effects
Like most medications, even Brulidine cream has a few, but not everyone would experience them. If the following side effects persist, do consult a doctor:
- Allergic inflammation of the skin
- Rash, itching, or redness around the treated area or fingers
Brulidine Cream Interactions
Brulidine cream is not known to affect other medicines. However, if you’re taking it along with medication that needs or doesn’t need a prescription, do consult your doctor first.
- People who are allergic to dibrompropamidine or any other ingredients present in the medication.
- Using this Cream for more than a few days could interfere with healing.
- Avoid using this medicine on young children for too long.
- Prevent the Cream from getting in your eyes or mouth; this is for external use only.
- Consult your doctor if the Cream is being used while pregnant or breastfeeding since this Cream may not be suitable for you or the baby. Your doctor may wish for you to use another medicine instead.
How to Use It
Please wash your hands thoroughly before using them. Apply a pea-size amount to the infected area. The Cream can be applied directly to the infected area or on a dressing. Apply it 2- 3 times a day for good results. Once done with using the Cream, wash your hand unless the infected area is your hands.
What to do if I forget to apply it?
Apply it when you remember it unless it is close to the time for your next application. Do not apply twice the amount to compensate for a missed dose.
Brulidine Cream Alternatives:
Here are some alternatives to Brulidine Cream:
- Comvita Medihoney Antibacterial Wound Gel
- Germolene Antiseptic Wound Care
- Calendula Cuts & Grazes Skin Salve
- Elastoplast Wound Healing Ointment
- Activon Medical Grade Manuka Honey
How to Get it Online?
Brulidine cream is available across many online E-commerce platforms. Websites that answer queries and questions about Brulidine Cream could also be a source of getting it online.
Brulidine cream, an antibacterial cream, should be used on cuts, bruises, wounds, and burns to speed up the healing process and prevent the infected area from any infections. Take proper care and follow directions as mentioned in the information leaflet, or consult your doctor if you are confused.