Mobile version: https://druggist.online/covid-19-tracker-mobile/
Credit: Johns Hopkins University
This tracker is updated in near real time with information across the globe.
COVID-19 tracker features
Some main features of COVID 19 interactive map include:
- interactive map with confirmed COVID-19 cases
- a total wordwide confirmed cases of COVID-19
- confirmed COVID-19 cases by country/region/state
- total death recorded worldwide and by each country
- total recovered cases worldwide and by country
A total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases is marked on the map with red circles.
You can learn more about the interactive dashboard by watching a presentation by Professor Lauren Gardner who discussed how the COVID-19 dashboard is built and maintained.
Where is the data coming from?
- the interactive tracker was created by Johns Hopkins University. The sources for the data include (JHU, 2020):
- the World Health Organization
- the European Center for Disease Prevention and Control
- the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- the National Health Commission of the People’s Republic of China
- local media reports
- local health departments
- and the DXY, one of the world’s largest online communities for doctors, health care professionals, pharmacies and other facilities
How often is COVID-19 tracker updated?
COVID-19 dashboard is maintained in near real time during the day with a combination of manual and automated updating (ibid).
JHU (2020). COVID-19 Map FAQs. Available at: https://systems.jhu.edu/research/public-health/2019-ncov-map-faqs/ Accessed on 02/04/2020