|Drug Name:||Metformin (Glucophage)|
|Tablet Strength:||500mg, 850mg, 1000mg|
|Price:||$0.27 to $0.51|
|Payment:||Paypal, Visa & MasterCard|
|Shipment:||Express Shipping & Standard Shipping|
|Where To Buy Metformin||Visit Trusted Pharmacy|
Metformin, a biguanide antihyperglycemic agent, is the first-line treatment for high blood sugars. It is listed as essential medicine on the WHO list and is also available as a generic drug. It is the most widely used oral tablet medicine for diabetes. It can be taken alone or combined with other medicines to control the blood’s amount of sugar (glucose).
Metformin is used only to treat type 2 diabetes and not used to treat type 1 diabetes. With type 2 diabetes, insulin produced by the pancreas is not used by the body to regulate the amount of sugar in the blood. Metformin decreases the amount of glucose produced by the body or from food and also increases the body’s response to insulin.
Contrary to this, type 1 diabetes is when the body cannot produce insulin.
What Are The Two Forms Of Metformin?
Metformin oral solid dosage form is available in two forms, i.e., immediate-release (IR) and extended-release (ER or modified-release). The former is a generic drug, whereas the latter is a branded drug, viz., Glumetza®, Glucophage® XR, Riomet®, and Fortamet®.
|Strength of IR tablets||500 mg, 850 mg, 1,000 mg|
|Strength of ER tablets||500 mg, 750 mg, 1,000 mg|
How Does Metformin Work?
Metformin shows its therapeutic action by
- Decreasing the amount of glucose produced from the food you eat or produced by the liver
- Lowering the absorption of sugar in the intestine
- Decreases both postprandial and basal blood glucose level
- Increases the body’s response to insulin.
How To Take Metformin Tablets?
Metformin should be taken as directed by the physician. However, it should be swallowed with a glass full of water and can be taken during or after meals. Also, the metformin dose should be taken simultaneously every day.
Who Should Not Take Metformin?
Do not take Metformin in case of-
- Allergic to Metformin
- liver disorder
- reduced kidney function
- Type 1 diabetes
- uncontrolled diabetes
- Who drinks a lot of alcohol (alcohol and Metformin)
- The severe infection could affect the lung or bronchial system or your kidney.
- Breathing difficulty
- I recently treated for heart disease or heart failure
Dosage of Metformin
Adults– initial dose is 500mg or 850 mg twice or thrice a day
The maximum daily dose for adults is 3000mg in 3 divided doses.
Elderly– initial dose shall be determined after kidney test results
Children– initial dose is 500mg or 850 mg once daily (for >10 year old)
The maximum daily dose for children is 2000mg in 2 or 3 divided doses.
If you take insulin, it is advised to seek doctor help before starting the therapy.
Possible Side Effects
Metformin can cause rare but severe side effects-
- Lactic acidosis
- Chest pain
- Digestive issues such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, loss of appetite, indigestion
- Taste alteration
- Skin reactions such as redness or itchy rash, flushing
- Abnormality in liver function
- Muscle pain
Metformin can interact with the below-mentioned drugs, resulting in a reduced effect of the drug. They are-
- Diuretics (e.g. furosemide, hydrochlorthiazide)
- Other anti-diabetic drugs, i.e., glyburide
- Nicotinic acid
- Hormone drugs (i.e., corticosteroids and estrogen)
- Glaucoma drugs (e.g. acetazolamide, methazolamide)
- Thyroid drugs
Prescription Required For Metformin Or Is Over The Counter?
Metformin is not an OTC drug and can only be purchased after obtaining a prescription from a registered healthcare professional. Some metformin alternatives can be bought online without a prescription. In the UK, pharmacies supply the product if ordered online without the prescription as per the urgency and requirements of the user, with the medication shown or uploaded later on the website.
Pharmacies For Buying Metformin In The Uk
Metformin tablets can be ordered online from the UK-registered online pharmacy. More than 2 million people opt to purchase from online pharmacies in the UK. Most online pharmacies need a prescription for Metformin to be bought. Online Consultation through questionnaires has been an essential factor for people buying medicines from online pharmacies. Here are some top sites from where you can order Metformin online:
You can quickly get any medicine you want to purchase from the Uk Meds website. It consists of easy availability of drugs. It has various options for you to know and get information from, such as Men’s health, Women’s health, Chronic conditions, General Health, Sexual health, Travel health, well-being, and others. You have to make a consultation before you buy from the UK meds website. The website has a rating of 4.6, usually rated by online customers.
Critical points for buying Metformin from this website:
- Genuine medicines.
- Simple packaging.
- You can track your delivery at your fingertip for free.
- No hidden fees.
- Your information will be confidential.
Any Time Doctor
Any Time Doctor is a website you can experience differently. First, you have to consult a doctor to get your medicine requirements from this website. Find your medicine according to the condition you face. You can get the medicinal information right below the medicine. Trust score for buying medicine from Any Time Doctor is 4.8 stars.
- First, you need to complete an online consultation for free.
- Get your treatment accordingly.
- You can get a prescription from the authorized doctor of GMC.
- You can get the medicine the very next day of order.
- Your information given would be confidential.
Simple Online Pharmacy
Simple Online Pharmacy is the same as the websites mentioned above. You need to consult a doctor regarding your particular health condition from this website. You will be assessed with the best-renowned doctors and get your suitable medicine accordingly. Once you click on the Online doctor tab, you will see a search option for the medicine you want to purchase. Get a free prescription for your particular medication. You can repeat the prescribed medication from the same section on the website or their mobile app for reorders. The Ratings for this website are 5 stars.
- First, you have to register.
- You need to complete the doctor’s assessment.
- Get your preferred treatment.
- Order medicines.
- You can get fast delivery.
The prescription doctor website gives you easy access to the medicine you want to search for. It has various sections such as men’s health, women’s health, general health, etc. You can find the medicine-related information just below the medicine image. You can quickly get to know information that you should know before ordering. It is a trusted website with a 4.7 rating.
- No hidden fees for the product.
- You can get the medicine the very next day of ordering
- You will get a prescription with it.
- Your information will be kept confidential.
- You will get tracking details of your product.
- You can get it within the working days from Monday to Saturday
- Easy to order from your debit card, credit card, or bank transfer
UK pharmacy meds
UK Pharmacy meds website has an exciting approach for its customers to buy the medicine. You can directly search for the medication from the search bar. Once you get the medicine you want to opt for, you have to consult a doctor by the survey given at the bottom. You have to fill up the survey and mention all the details that have been needed; then, you can get the medicine as per the doctor’s Consultation.
- Only licensed doctors for prescription
- You do not need to pay if the prescription is not given
- Free Consultation
- A good affordable price
- You can get the medicine the very next day
- Your personal information will be kept confidential
- Great packaging and all charges inclusive
Health Express is a very easy-to-use website wherein you can easily search for the medicine. Get the Consultation done by their renowned doctors. Firstly you need to answer the questions that have been given on the website; then, you need to select the type of treatment for the condition you are facing. The process is simplified with easy checkout and delivery. Website rating by their users is 4.8.
- You can get the medicine the next day after ordering.
- You can get the medication at the lowest rate possible.
- If you find any other website giving you the lowest rate, you can get a refund of the difference amount.
- There are no hidden charges.
- Prescription included with the package.
- Your information will be kept confidential.
What Are The Difficulties Faced In Getting Metformin Online?
Despite several advantages of e-pharmacies related to ease of access and lesser price, some issues are also observed, which include-
- Selling outdated or counterfeit medicines– there might be a chance of receiving expired drugs or drug substitutes, which is unethical and harmful both.
- Confusion with brand names– there might be the same brands with different APIs or look-alike medicine with similar active moiety.
- Reordering drugs with the same prescription- there might be a probability of self-medication with the same medication.
What Malpractices Happen Online For Buying Metformin?
- In the case of buying Metformin online, there are chances of selling counterfeit or adulterated drugs, which either contain no active ingredient or incorrect amount of API, or re-packaging of expired products, which is a significant health concern.
- Medicines might be sold without the prescription of a professional doctor.
- Protection of consumer personal information might be violated.
- Wrong medicines could be sold.
- Medicines might not be approved.
How To Trust An Online Pharmacy While Buying Metformin?
E-pharmacies are reliable for getting your medicines online, but the following things should be kept in mind before purchasing-
- It should be ensured that the pharmacy is adequately licensed (The voluntary General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) internet pharmacy logo scheme identifies legitimate online pharmacies in the UK that have joined the system)
- It should require a prescription (paper or electronic) by a healthcare professional
- Check with your health insurance for the list of approved online pharmacies.
- Make sure the pharmacy has a physical address.
What Should You Do If A Dose Is Missed?
If a regular metformin dose is missed, do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose. There is no such adverse effect on missing a single dose of Metformin.
What Should You Do If You Overdose?
Metformin overdose can lead to severe adverse reactions, including extreme vomiting, nausea, diarrhoea, epigastric pain, lethargy, appetite loss, and thirst. Hypotension, acute renal failure, coma, and cardiac arrest are significant clinical features. This should be immediately reported to the healthcare professional and should be directed to monitor kidney function.
Metformin is the safest and most effective medicine for type II diabetes. Many other anti-diabetic drugs for treating type 2 diabetes can be taken after consulting with a healthcare professional. Metformin can also be taken to treat Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). It is recommended to take Metformin as advised by the doctor. However, this medicine can be taken for life. It should not be stopped until the doctor tells you to do so.